Wednesday 17 September 2008

Day 2: registration, damm hot water, NO kitchen!

I finally moved in today into my room after many ching-chong-ers I had to see and pay them money.

The entire morning was spent registering from building to building, distributing money to different officials.
my glorious paperwork achievement

The reward: Keys to my room!
The TV is a great addition to help me brainwash myself to learn mandarin. No English channels available except CCTV123456890



Toilet: Clean and there is HOT water. Seriously, HOT!
(China Fact: Gas heating is provided FREE by the government!)
but the priceless thing about the hot water is that.............
it ONLY RUNS FROM
7am-9am
3pm-5pm
8pm-12am


The Kitchen:
Kettle - Check
Sink - Check
Cooking Hob - ???
Refrigerator - ???
Kitchen - WTF!!!!!!!!!!

The governemnt provides free gas but NO COOKING HOB! WTF! WHAT DO PEOPLE EAT HERE?!!

2 comments:

teratai said...

we eat out... =)

Sushers said...

HAHAHA. it looks exactly like nick's room did last time.
eat out and get fat! :P