Friday 26 September 2008

Day 11: Nèi Měnggǔ

Inner Mongolia is highlighted on this map. The striped area is nominally part of Inner Mongolia, but is in fact administered by neighbouring Heilongjiang province.

Hey all! will be gone for the weekend to Inner Mongolia!

Recent Developments:
1. Classes have begun and I have been placed in level 2 (out of 10 levels!), and its $%#@ difficult!
2. I met a random Beijinger and he has asked me to teach his niece English for RMB 200 (RM100) an hour!
3. My 5-day old bicycle is beginning to rust.....
4. I bought a pair of 'Converse' for RMB 50 (RM25), a pair of 'Lee' jeans for RMB 110 (RM55). They have yet to fail on me.
5. The food (super oily + salty) is starting to take a toll on my health and physique.

China will be celebrating their national day on the 1st of October, and hence, the entire country is on holiday from the 27th September - 5th October!!!!

再见

4 comments:

QueenSLeen said...

wow.....

the student female ah?

dangerous lar got cing cong ah beng teacher like u.

ekekek.

and wtf... the holiday damn freakingg long righttt...

teratai said...

omggg i just saw your stupid countdown...>_<"""

regardless, u'll be carrying me all the way to the finishing line foong!

Foong said...

hahahhaha... dont worry, its a team effort!

bring a pair of roller blades just in case you decide not to run anymore... haha

Sushers said...

omg you're actually gonna run 10km?? in the china cold somemore.

all i can say is..keep warm! hehe